Monday, March 28, 2011

B&B Spotlight - Lynley & Cat

Last week, although not officially announced, we debuted our new Spotlight series of blog posts! Every month we're going to start picking a person whom shops at our store, works at our store, or is a fan of our store to 'spotlight' on our blog! This means we'll be dedicating a blog post just to them. We're doing it in the form of an interview where we ask the chosen person a few questions, they answer, and we post it all on here!

We began last week with owner, Sissa, and had so much fun finding out more about her as a person and allowing y'all to find out more about the background of Blake & Brady. This week, we'll be doing four spotlights, in two separate blog posts. We'll be spotlighting our Top 4 contestants in our 'Blake & Brady March Madness' Contest. These four girls have worked very hard to make it to the Top 4 and we feel they are due some recognition. Also, if you do not know any of these girls personally, this is a great way for you to get to know them and perhaps vote for one of them (by clicking 'like' under their picture on our Facebook page) if you feel so inclined (which you should, they could use your 'like'!).

Today, we'll be introducing you to Lynley Oakes and Cat Ellenburg. Two very different girls but one huge thing in common... they're both brides to be! If you can contain yourself, wait until we introduce you to all four girls to make a decision on whose picture you want to 'like'! If you can't wait, then go ahead and go for it! Contest ends at 3:00pm on Wednesday!

Contestant #1:
Lynley Oakes

* Introduce yourself, who are you and where are you from? Tell us about yourself!
My name is Lynley Oakes. I am 21 years old, and I'm going to school for elementary education. I am getting married in June to my wonderful fiancé Ryan Henderson.


* How did you find out about our contest and why did you want to participate? 
 A friend of mine, Carly Gross, told me about the contest. I decided to participate because I would love to try to win some cute clothes for my honeymoon!


* What newer fashion trend would you never give a try and why not?
I will never give the high waisted shorts a try. I just know they won't look right on my body type, and they look so old fashioned.


* What's your favorite current fashion trend and why?
My favorite trend is definitely ruffles!! I love tops with ruffles, even my wedding dress has a ruffled bottom.


* If a movie was done about your life, who would you want to play 'you'?
I would pick Hayden Panettiere to play me. I have had several people tell me I look like her and I think she's a great actress.


* What has been your biggest fashion 'oops'?
My biggest fashion oops were my school uniforms years ago. I would always bring a change of clothes because I was too embarrassed to go out in public after school in them. They were collared shirts with shorts or skirts that came up so high they practically wrapped around my ribs!


* Who is your biggest celeb crush and why?
I would have to say Kellan Lutz. Why? Because he's gorgeous and he's ripped! Not to mention his blue eyes.


* What makeup could you not live without?
I can't live without foundation and mascara. I have bad skin so foundation is a must, and mascara really makes my eyes pop, even if its the only thing I'm wearing.


* Tell us a fun fact about you that some may not know?
I LOVE cars. I love to work on them, go to car shows, and be in the garage with my fiancé. He and I met at a car show, so its a hobby we both share. I even added my own personal touch to my car by changing the plain door panels to zebra print ones.


* How would you describe your style?
I would describe my style as girly with a little edge. If I'm not wearing my favorite ripped jeans, then you can usually find me in a top with studs, black lace, or some sort of chain charm necklace.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Contestant #2:
Cat Ellenburg


* Introduce yourself, who are you and where are you from? Tell us about yourself!
 My name is Catherine Ellenburg and I am from Anderson, South Carolina. I was born there and have lived there my entire life. I am currently in Grad School at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia where I am in Sport Management so that I can become an Athletic Director. I am currently engaged to my best friend and love of my life- Parker Comfort. We met at Liberty and just got engaged on December 5, 2010. Our wedding date is July 30, 2011 and we are getting married in Anderson at my home church- Forest Hill Baptist.

* How did you find out about our contest and why did you want to participate?
 I found out about the contest because I am an avid Blake and Brady fan and look every day at their new clothes coming in through facebook. I wanted to participate because I absolutely love the clothes at Blake and Brady and have been dying to get some honeymoon and bridal shower clothes but just am on a student’s budget. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to be able to wear something fabulous!

* Which Star's Closet would you love to have? 
If I could have any star’s closet it would have to be Lauren Conrad. I love her effortless chic style. It’s a mixture of nice and casual which is my favorite thing to do. My current fashion trend is fun, flirty dresses. The new feminine look that has started to come back is one of my favorites and I’m in love with the entire Blake and Brady new flirty dresses look.

* If a movie was done about your life, who would you want to play 'you'?
I would most definitely want well, I would say Lauren Conrad but she’s not an actress so it would have to be- Kate Winslet. She started the trend, I believe, of white women who have curves to be proud of their curves. She is beautiful and classy and has re-invented her style into one that is tailored yet soft.

* What has been your biggest fashion 'oops'?
My biggest fashion oops would HAVE to be when I wanted a perm. Back in the ‘90’s everyone was getting a perm and I begged and begged my mother to let me do the same. Well, naturally wavy hair, a perm, and bangs do NOT mix well together. Thankfully that moment has passed.

* Describe your most favorite outfit and why?
I have two favorite outfits. One is my Lauren Conrad dress that my family got me for my birthday. It was when she had her Lauren Conrad Collection online before she closed it down. It’s just a simple piece but totally amazing. My other favorite outfit is for sure my summer go- to maxi dress. It’s a halter and has flowers on it. I love it because it is flattering on any one and it is so comfortable. It looks effortless but nice and most important makes me feel small even when I do not feel small (I am sure many can relate)

* What makeup could you not live without?
I could not live without mascara. My eye-lashes are blonde and I just do not like looking like I do not have eye-lashes. It also makes me look much younger without mascara and since I already do not totally look my age I appreciate the extra lift that my mascara gives me.

* What is your TV guilty pleasure?
It would probably be that I love all of the Housewives shows. I know there are so many popping up now that the original became a hit but each one has a new dynamic and I really do love watching all of them. I feel guilty because there are so many but I just can’t help myself.

* How would you describe your personal style?
I would describe my style as a mix of classic and bohemian. I love mixing nice and casual pieces. I love dresses the most- nice dresses, casual dresses- any dress! I love looking put together but effortless at the same time. Flowing style dresses and shirts I really enjoy. At the same time I enjoy tailored looks. I like to mix a tailored jacket with a flowing skirt or oversized shirt. The mix of classic pieces with bohemian is the ability to have fun with my wardrobe and make my style my own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you feel like you know two of our Top 4 a bit better? Tomorrow you'll learn more about our other two lovely ladies, Tracy and Patricia.

Do you want to be interviewed for our 'Spotlight' posts? Send us a message to blakeandbradyboutique@gmail.com explaining why you love Blake & Brady Boutique and we'll keep you in mind for our future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment