Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kitten Heels, Open Toe Boots, & Clogs... OH MY!

We're slowly but surely inching our way to Spring. Wouldn't it be cool if seasons lasted half as long and occurred twice a year instead of once? Whenever we got sick of a season... BAM... there's a new one. No one would complain saying "ugh I am soooo ready for scarf weather!" and others wouldn't be able to say "I got these super cute flippity flops that I've been waiting all winter to wear!". I don't know about y'all, but I think this idea is genius. I'm thinking about calling a meeting with God, Mother Nature, and The Fashion Queen (Gwen Stefani of course), to negotiate the seasons. I'm sure we can figure something out. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway... No offense Winter but we're over you. I know harsh, but it's the truth. Spring fashion has made it's debut and we're ready to embrace all of it, even the new shoe styles coming back into style. Our toesies are ready for some pampering and pedicures... oh and to see the light of day again. Poor little fellas, always stuck in socks and suffocated. Pale toes are not cool.

We're super pumped about the early 90's Miss Bliss (throw back to Saved by the Bell, the early years for those of you who watched) kitten heels making their return! Wait, scratch that, kitten heels are a no-no unless you're over the age of 40 or want to be modest about your height.

Don't know what they are? Here's a peek...

For those women who never stopped rocking the kitten heel, more power to ya, your time to shine has finally returned. Now we ask... Love or Loathe? We want your opinion as well! 

Jennifer: Loathe, I prefer my heels to be at least 2"!
Carly: Loathe, except if Suri Cruise is wearing them, she pulls them off well, but she's also what, 5?

Not to leave kitten heels in the dust or anything but a bigger, badder, and... clunkier shoe is back in town. May we present to you the CLOG *dun, dun, dunnnn*
GOEDE DAG! That's 'hello' or 'good day' in Dutch. That's the language of the clog you know... if clogs could speak. These bad boys showed their wooden soles on the runways of designers like Chanel and Louis Vuitton, recently. Their clunky goodness is making a mark this Spring... will you be stepping out in a pair?

Jennifer: Love! So cute and beautifully reinvented for 2011!
Carly: Love/Loathe - leaning more toward loathe. I'd rather be light on my toes!

Speaking of clunky...boots are typically a heavier pair of footwear, wouldn't you agree? Well not when they're OPEN TOE BOOTS! Say What?! Ladies & Gents, allow us to introduce to you the new trend for Spring, open toe boots. They're so hip that even Victoria's Secret is selling them.

There's really not much to say about these. They speak volumes for themselves. Sooooo... what are your thoughts? Love them, or Loathe them?

Jennifer: Absolutely not, Loathe! I don't think boots are okay in the spring, or summer for that matter, in any form, closed or open toe. No thanks!
Carly: They're like leg warmers and hoochie stilettos in one... a stripper's delight! But for me, I'm going to have to go with Loathe.

No worries y'all, along with the above mentioned stylish Spring shoes, cuffed sandals as well as wedged sandals are still in this Spring. We've seen wedged sandals for a few years now, and cuffed sandals last year. Which ones will you be wearing the most?
You can find these lovelies in our store!
Jennifer: Love them both and will be an 'equal opportunity employer' of these two types of sandals this spring and summer!
Carly: I don't understand the whole 'keep the ankle warm' campaign this spring. Between the open toe boots and cuffed sandals...my ankles will be losing lots of water weight! Love the wedge sandals of course, always adorable and flattering to the calf muscle!

Which Spring shoes do you love or loathe? Are we off our rockers with our opinions? Should we bring some kitten heels into inventory?

Check us out HERE for some Spring Shoe Fashions that are starting to arrive in store!

2 comments:

  1. I can't say that I am a fan of the kitten heel...If I am wearing a heel its going to be at least 2" or higher. I also can't see wearing open toe boots in the spring/summer...seems too stuffy and hot for the weather. I absolutely love wedges throughout the season...they go perfectly with the crops and dresses and make your legs look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We completely agree Danielle! Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion!

    ReplyDelete