Friday, June 17, 2011

"I think it's fly when girls stop by for the summer, for the summer..."

Ahhhh sweet sweet summer time is upon us. It's nearly 100 degrees outside and you can see mirages of water on the streets. What do you think about when you think of Summer?

For me, I think of the scorching summer dog days growing up in Florida. I remember that fateful summer day of realizing, while going through puberty, only one boob was coming in, while the other was being funny and stayed in my chest. Sick joke boobs, cruel sick joke.

I remember becoming SO bored from sitting in the house that I'd come up with new and creative ways to ruin my older sister's social life. Or I'd lay on the stairs in an awkward upside down angle while holding my breath to make it look like I had a nasty spill so that my mom would freak out. It never worked, sucks having a smart mom. Fake blood would have helped, next time I'll remember that.

Ooooh summer... we have had so many good times together. I remember the summer when boys started noticing me and I decided it was time I put my Limited Too clothing in the back of the closet and start wearing more adult brands, like Abercrombie and Fitch. Who knew that once you grew boobs and boys started noticing you that you'd start caring about fashion? I was 12 years old when I started caring and my bank account has gone downhill since then. Well, I didn't actually have a bank account but I did have a bucket where I put dollar bills I'd steal from my sister's piggy bank. Same thing.

Now look, we're all grown up, summer is still here every year, and it's an unspoken rule that you must redo your summer wardrobe each year to stay hip with the new summer trends. This may be why I love working with Blake & Brady so much. They make it so easy to keep my wardrobe up to date without breaking the bank.

What's your favorite summer fashion this year? My favorite isn't necessarily a fashion trend but a type of clothing... dresses! Is it just me or are dresses becoming more and more popular (if that's even possible)?

Us girls at Blake & Brady love maxi dresses! They have been trendy the past few years and we hope they're here to stay for a few more. They're so forgiving on your figure and can easily be dressed up or dressed down. You can wear them as a cover up or to a wedding.


What about strapless dresses? Cute little flowly, light weight, slip on dresses with fun designs. We adoreeee them and from how quickly they fly out of our store, we think y'all do as well!

If you have not yet noticed, dress designers are taking it up a notch by adding a little flare to the backs of their dresses. When you're nice and tan in the summer, these dresses are perfect to wear around. The only downfall with some of them is that you can't wear a bra. So if you have big ta-tas then you may want to becareful when purchasing. Or you can get one of those sticky bras without the backs but becareful not to sweat in them (right Sissa?)!

Do you have a funny summer story to share with us? Please submit it in an email to us at blakeandbradyboutique@gmail.com and we'll compile all the stories we receive and put them in a fun blog post for others to read!

We're going to leave you with this fun music video by an awesome band called LFO because we KNOW many of you girls jammed out to this song in the summer time when you were younger.. so fitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment