Monday, May 9, 2011

B&B Spotlight - Elliot Crudup

We love our customers, that's no secret. In an effort to make sure they know just how much we love them, we're going to continue on with our B&B Spotlight posts featuring some of our fabulous customers. We feel we know you all so well but you don't really know each other! Sure you may see each other in passing in the store, or comment right after each other vying for that last size small in one of our new arrivals, but most of you have never actually conversed. 

We're starting off with a gorgeous mother of two who graces us with her presence almost on a weekly basis. She is the epitome of Super Mom with a flare for style. Let's learn more about her...

* Introduce yourself, who are you and where are you from? Tell us about your beautiful family!
 I'm Elliott Easterby Crudup originally from Greenville SC.  I was lucky enough to marry the perfect man, Jody Crudup-my brother's college roommate and fraternity brother- and we have lived in Anderson for the last 22 years.  We have two daughters...Pearce is 20 and just finished her sophmore year at College of Charleston and Alston, 17, a rising senior at T.L. Hanna high school.

* How did you find out about Blake & Brady?
 Sissa and Chris Sullivan-the owners of Blake and Brady- have been long time friends, so when they opened the store I was so excited and wanted to support their "hometown" efforts! But I was bowled over by their selection and their unparalelled prices and customer service!  They know my daughters and me and they recognize what is flattering for each of us!  It's amazing how much help they are!
 
* Which star's closet would you love to have?
I love Jennifer Aniston's style.  She is the epitome of California cool, which isn't so far from Southern cool!! 
She is aware of what looks good on her and consistently looks great.

* What newer fashion trend would you never give a try and why not?
Super short dresses don't translate well into everyday life.  They make the wearer look cheap...and who wants that???
 
* What's your favorite current fashion trend and why?
I love strapless or one shoulder pieces.  I have have broad shoulders and they work well for me!
 
* If a movie was done about your life, who would you want to play 'you'?
I love Gwyneth Paltrow.  She is an amazing talent and can do a "spot-on" southern accent without sounding like she doesn't have a brain in her head!

* What has been your biggest fashion 'oops'?
It has to be trying to fit into pre-pregnancy clothes before my body was ready!  BIG maternity clothes have left me scarred...I can't stand clothes that just hang there!  They make me feel HUGE!
 
* What outfit of yours is your most favorite and why?
I'm a total jeans kind of girl!  Give me a great fitting pair of jeans, cowboy boots and a perfect one-shoulder top and I'm happy!
 
* What makeup could you not live without?
Ask anybody...I LOVE some lipstick and lip gloss!

* What's your TV guilty pleasure?
House Hunters International.  Who wouldn't want to see properties in foreign lands! 

* Tell us a fun fact about you that some may not know?
I studied communications with a concentration in television and radio in college.  I tried my hand at both and realized that they are WAY too competitive for me!  I ditched that right away and stayed with writing until I had my children. Later I found my passion which is fitness.  I've been so fortunate to have found my way to that industry!

* How would you describe your style?
I love to try trends that are flattering and fun but not too sexy!

* Anything else you'd like to add?
B & B is great for my family...I can buy something for both my girls and me with ease!  How great is that??!!

We think Elliot's interview speaks for itself... she's fabulous, fun, and a great mom! Oh, and who doesn't love a mom who you can share clothes with?! 


As a side note... Not only is Elliot a loyal customer of Blake & Brady but she is also a great supporter of our new store The Loft at Blake & Brady. If you haven't checked it out, you're missing out on some awesome shoes and even better deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment